Friday 5 September 2014

SEPTEMBER 4TH THE START OF THE NATO SUMMIT 2014

SEPTEMBER 4TH THE START OF THE NATO SUMMIT 2014 - MUST READ!

The day started early for me at about 4am where I took a taxi to the school where President Obama posed for the cameras. I do not have any photos of the experience as the policemen from Hampshire police deleted them from my mobile phone. Along the way into Newport there was police all along the roads and patrols of police everywhere. The location was familiar as my late uncle who died just a few months ago lived in a house just up the road and the actual school is where my cousin had a pre-wedding function there in 2009. I went to my late uncle's house and stayed there and listened to a video of Russel Brand criticize PM David Cameron (see link here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQxwaVQWSbY&list=UUswH8ovgUp5Bdg-0_JTYFNw) after that I went to a little bus station just off the main road. A man with a black dog was walking by and saw me, I have had a little experience with racism in the past in the area(Rogerstone), he must have had a suspicion as I had not got on one bus that came by. Within minutes, three police officers came and did a stop and search. It involved the usually nonsense, they searched me because they did not believe I was a real journalist after I showed them my home-made pass. You have to be accreditated from NATO and that means being a corporate/govt agent. The Hilton hotel is where you get your accreditation. I told them I was leaving the area as I did not want to be arrested and spend 5 hours in custody on some fake charge. On the way back I saw various police on the roads and continued to the peace camp for protestors. The camp was a nice place where I met protestors and a few journalists. I joined a couple of protestors and a journalist from Canada called Brett see here for his article - http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2014/09/04/377654/warning-to-the-world-western-insanity/
I am going to post all the photos and video of the day and you can make of it as you will. I'll try to comment as least as possible.





















































































































































































  
















































No comments:

Post a Comment